A New and Improved Way to Combat Psoriasis, Vitiligo and Atopic Dermatitis
If you’ve experienced the effects of psoriasis, vitiligo or atopic dermatitis, you know that these skin conditions can be difficult to treat, sometimes with very little lasting relief. Here at Collins Advanced Dermatology Institute, we are pleased to begin offering XTRAC®️ appointments for our patients. This treatment is recommended for patients with moderate to severe symptoms and is safe for all ages, as well as women who are pregnant or nursing. What is XTRAC, you ask, and why are we proponents of the treatment? We’ll walk you through all you need to know about this powerful laser treatment.
What is XTRAC®️?XTRAC®️ is a laser treatment used to combat and eliminate the symptoms of psoriasis, vitiligo and atopic dermatitis through a concentrated UVB light source to treat only the affected areas on the body. According to Healthline.com, “72% of participants experienced at least a 75% clearing of psoriasis plaques in an average of 6.2 treatments. About 50% of participants had at least 90% of their plaques clear after 10 or fewer treatments.”
What can patients expect when receiving XTRAC®️treatments?
- Painless and quick laser treatments
- Reduced symptoms in as little as 10-12 treatments sessions
- Long-lasting relief of symptoms, typically lasting several months
- Relief without messy topical creams or ineffective and complicated skin care regimens
- Effective on even the hard-to-reach areas like the elbows, scalp, etc.
What makes XTRAC®️ better than other psoriasis, vitiligo or atopic dermatitis treatments?
- No excessive amount of treatments—quick and painless
- No harmful side effects such as injections, stretch marks, liver damage, heart failure or birth defects
- Lower costs than traditional treatments
- No UV exposure to healthy skin—only the affected area
- Safe for children
Is XTRAC®️ safe?XTRAC has very limited side effects. You may want to consult with our providers if you are prone to skin cancers, are light-sensitive or have lupus before beginning XTRAC®️treatment Safe for pregnant moms or women who are nursing
Please call our office at 512.379.6090 to consult with your providers about if XTRAC®️is the right choice for you. Book an appointment today!