Summer is a popular time for weddings. Whether you’re a bride or a groom, you want your skin to look its best for your big day. The skin on your face and the skin on your body are quite different, they require different kinds of maintenance. Follow our tips on how to make your skin glow for your wedding day!
1. In-Office TreatmentDiscuss microdermabrasion treatments with your provider! They use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently slough dead skin cells, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer. Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger-looking complexion. You’ll be forever young in your wedding photos! This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, and stretch marks. This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage and stretch marks.
2. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate!Use a chemical exfoliant , physical scrub or even a Clarisonic to help remove the top layer of dead, dull skin. Don’t use too aggressive of a product, or you’ll damage the skin and cause irritation.
3. Use TonerA splash of cold water is helpful, but after exfoliation, we recommend a gentle skin toner to help close and tighten your pores.
4. Moisturizer + Sunscreen
A gentle, light moisturizer with SPF or a separate moisturizer and sunscreen should always follow your face wash or exfoliation routine. Remember, your sunscreen should always be SPF 30 or higher!
Men and women can benefit from makeup for a wedding. Fellas, there’s no shame in a little concealer. After all, there will be lots of pictures!
1. In-Office TreatmentMicrodermabrasion isn’t just for your face, it works on your back too! Ladies, low cut and backless wedding dresses look even better when the skin on your back is exfoliated and refreshed.
2. Exfoliating Body WashUse an exfoliating body wash or exfoliation towel to remove the top layer of dead skin from your body.
3. LotionFollow your exfoliation body washing with some lotion containing SPF.
4. Tan SafelyTry FakeBake® sunless tanner for a safe, sun kissed, wedding glow for fairer skinned brides and grooms.
On your wedding day, you’re better safe than sorry. Don’t risk irritating your skin with the use of new or harsh products, intense face masks, or facials—always consult with your provider before trying new products. It’s a good idea to try your wedding routine before the actual day so you can make sure your skin isn’t going to react. We recommend EltaMD® and NeoStrata® products to keep your skin happy and healthy! Call Collins Advanced Dermatology Institute at 512.379.6090 or book an appointment online so we can discuss how to get you ready for your big day!